AFC Leasing Company, a subsidiary of AFC Holdings, seeks to recruit a seasoned Senior Operations Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the Leasing Company’s fleet of equipment which includes tractors, combine harvesters and a wide range of implements and logistics trucks. The primary focus will be on optimizing operational efficiencies, streamlining processes, and ensuring the smooth and cost-effective functioning of the leasing operations. The incumbent will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Business Development, Finance, Corporate Services and Procurement to achieve operational excellence and drive business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute operational strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular analysis of operational processes, identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee development of a comprehensive maintenance program for all agricultural equipment.
- Oversee the end-to-end lease management process, including customer onboarding, documentation, and equipment deployment in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Co-ordinate warranty claims, negotiate service contracts and ensure timely delivery of spare parts and components.
- Provide overall team leadership and mentorship to a large team under operations which includes mechanics, equipment operators and truck drivers.
Job Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years proven experience in operations management in the agricultural logistics industry with exceptional and proven knowledge of farm machinery and equipment.
- Strong and proven knowledge of lease management processes, equipment logistics, and inventory management. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with ability to handle a high-pressured environment.
- Proven proficiency and experience in using operations software and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Agriculture or equivalent.
- Certification with a professional logistics institute.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 26 January 2024. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your e-mail subject reference.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.